Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What to Cook Wednesdays

I have decided Wednesday's will now be my recipe blog :) It's always nice to find new recipes right? Lately I have been a crock pot queen! I think I use it 2-3 times a week! I don't know if yall have ever heard of crock pot liners but if you love cooking in your crock pot as much as I do they are a miracle. They have them at the local grocery stores but I can never remember to look for them. So I'm always stuck soaking and scrubbing my crock pot... One day I will remember to write it on my grocery list and I will probably grab like 5 boxes at once.

Anyways I had been trying to figure out what to post as my first "What to Cook Wednesday". I finally decided I will do a crock pot meal and I will do our favorite crock pot meal. Chili. Not any Chili... TACO CHILI! Oh my goodness its seriously AMAZING! I'm not even lying. It may not be the HEALTHIEST chili but its really good. I got this recipe from The Patriotic Peacock. I honestly don't remember who recommended this recipe to me but I'm so glad I tried it.


We use about a pound of ground beef. Sometimes I use a pound in the rolls and sometimes I buy a little more than a pound in the packages. I just use what I have. But here are the ingredients

- A pound of cooked ground beef
- One packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- One packet of taco seasoning
- A large can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- A regular can of diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
- A can of black beans
- A can of kidney beans(I switch off from light and dark kidney beans so get whatever you prefer)
- A can of corn

This is more than enough for my family of 4. My son normally has seconds and so does my husband, sometimes thirds..... I'm not judging you babe :) but we always have left overs. I always cook a side of corn bread and then we also sometimes may add some fritos if we have them. If you'd like you can also add some onions to the mix. If you double the recipe you could probably do half ground beef and half ground turkey. As toppings you can do cheese or sour cream. Whatever you prefer. Anyone else have a chili recipe they'd like to share? I may give it a try one night for dinner..

No comments:

Post a Comment